Profile - Jerome D. Schick
18915 Grimm Street
Livonia, MI 48152
- Independent contractor since September, 1993.
- Provide client companies with counsel on technical issues related to
microelectronics and electron microscopy. Teach in client companies and in
academic institutions topics related to semiconductor devices, failure
analysis, microscopy, analytical instrumentation, chemistry, physics.
- Career solid state device failure analyst, specializing in electron beam
Techniques with strong hands-on interest in problem solving.
- Unusual combination of resourceful ideas, broad experience, and forthright
drive, dependability, and enthusiasm.
- Clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Fully insured and highly capable.
- President of Kammrath & Weiss, Inc. which supplies probers for FIBs and
SEMs, and other Electron Microscopy peripheral instrumentation.
- IBM Corporation, 1969 - 1993.
- Senior Engineer, performing physical and electrical failure analysis and device
diagnostics of integrated circuits using electron beam techniques. Research and
direction of laboratory personnel in state-of-the-art physical and chemical
experimentation and instrumentation.
- Development of new analytical methods for studying failure mechanisms in
bipolar, monopolar, and optoelectronic semiconductor devices and circuits.
- Coordination of and experimentation in Auger spectroscopy, photoelectron
spectroscopy, scanning laser microscopy, scanning tunneling microscopy, and
atomic force microscopy. Interpretation and presentation of results.
- Instruction, guest lecture, on-site technical presentations, capital
equipment justification and recommendation, technical documentation and publications.
Direct work-study students to graduate/undergraduate degrees.
- ISO9000 participant, organized and documented parts security procedures.
- Research Chemist on Silicon integrated circuit pilot line, Wright-Patterson Air
Force Base Avionics Laboratory.
- Project Chemist on fabrication of fluidic devices and frictional materials,
Bendix Research Laboratory.
- Research Chemist on clinical radioactive materials and treatment, Edsel B. Ford
Institute for Medical Research.
- Graduate teaching fellow undergraduate chemistry, Wayne State University.
- Ph.D. Chemical Physics, 1968, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
- M.S. Physical Chemistry, 1965, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
- B.S. Chemistry, 1960, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL.
- Solid State Chemistry and Physics, Computers
- Analytical instrumentation operation and instruction
- Aviation and mechanical equipment, Electronics
- Bible study and instruction, Music
2016 CURRENT ACTIVITIES:
- Residence in Livonia, MI
- Technical equipment donations and sales
- Equipment repairs and upgrades
- Yard work instruction and assistance